Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Football Mommy


I had met this woman by chance running errands one day in Phoenix, Arizona. She had a very "big" presence about her and I struck up a conversation with her. It turned out she was a professional American football player. Up until that moment I had no idea there was such a league. She stood about 6 foot tall and weighed in at about 162 lbs. She was a solid woman. I guess I was so struck that I had never heard of professional women's football, she invited me to attend one of her games. I did. This photo captured a moment during the game when her son came down from the bleachers and called over to her when she came out of the game for a few minutes. There seemed to me layers of thematic juxtaposition rendered in this moment. The image makes something inside me smile to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment